16th December, 2021
This position generally works on an 8-hour rotating shift. These include day, evening and nights, Monday to Sunday. The successful candidate will have the flexibility to work night and weekend shifts and be available at short notice.
- Operate heavy machinery and support terminal operational activities
- Managing cargo flow through the effective use of our unique cargo management systems
- Machinery operation including forklift and articulated vehicle tasks
- Ensure lashing/unlashing of containers to ships is being carried out in a safe, efficient, and productive manner
- Possession of a current (HRWL) Forklift License
- Reliability and strong attention to detail
- Physically fit and healthy to perform manual and repetitive work in a safe manner
- Availability to attend work at short notice and flexibility to work shifts over a 7-day 24-hour period
- Ability to work as part of a team and preparedness to acquire and perform stevedoring skills
- Current Manual Driver’s License and reliable transport
- Eligible to obtain the Federal Government’s MSIC card for work on the waterfront
You will be provided with full training so previous Stevedore experience is not essential. You will also be given the opportunity to grow within this industry-leading organisation and be continually upskilled with the renewing of licenses and relevant qualifications.
If you are looking for an opportunity that offers training and a career opportunity, then please send your details to Joe Norris via the provided links.